The village school (circa 1930)
A small house was built as a school for the clans people. The pictureabove shows the entrance which is adorned by a plague 怡軒家塾 on the top. This translated into
“harmony pavilion family school”
On the side of the entrance is a pair of poem that read
kindness in our clan, with benefits received from our ancestors
gently nurturing our family reputation
Joe Yow’s frist son. Chau Gun was well educated in the city. It was thought that he was the teacher in the village. He would have taught the basic Confucius text.